Difference between revisions of "Installation and setup guide"
(link quick guide)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
== Installation guide ==
== Installation guide ==
Revision as of 00:10, 22 June 2013
To begin playing Turf you will first have to download the application for you Android or iOS phone. Other mobile operating systems are currently not supported.
The Android application supports Android version 2.0 or above. Older Android versions will not work with Turf.
The Turf app can be found in Google Play on your phone. Search for 'Turf' and you should find it unless you are in a country not yet supported by Turf.
- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=se.turfwars.android - The free version
- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andrimon.turf - Donation edition. Choose this option if you would like to support Turf. It is only an option, the app is exactly the same.
The iOS version of the Turf app, for iPhone and iPad, is currently in alpha testing with a limited number of players. More information about the alpha testing is available in the iPhone Alpha section of the forum.
Quick start guide
- Install the app following the instructions above and launch it.
- Turf will ask you whether or not you would like to turn on the GPS on the phone. Press 'ok' if you are planning to take a zone otherwise press 'cancel' and take a look around the app.
- If you activated the GPS a green man will appear somewhere on the map on your location determined by the GPS.
- Tap the man in the lower left corner. The map should now center on your position. See if there is any zones nearby.
- In order to take any nearby zones you will have to move physically into their location.
- When you enter the zone a green bar will appear at the left of the screen. You are now taking the zone! In about 45 seconds the bar should have reached the button. Congratulations, you have just taken your first zone! The zone has now turned green indicating that it belongs to you. You have been rewarded with a certain amount of points and you will furthermore receive between 1 and 5 point every hour as long as the zone is still yours.
- You can now continue to the next zone closest to your location. Red zones belong to other players and yellow zones are neutral.
- You might see red men on the map as well as yourself. They represent other turfers playing the game and they can see your location as well.
- An Android device with an internet connection, GPS and Android 2.0 or later.
How to play?
- You take red and yellow zones, you go to them with your Android phone and stand in one zone for 45 seconds, then you will get points for as long as you own a zone.
- Take a look at the quick guide with screenshots.
You should now have a basic understanding of Turf and how it works. If you would like to you can dig deeper into the game and by clicking on the links bellow.