The municipality of Västerås in the region of Västmanland
Coat of arms of Västerås
|Number of zones||883|
Västerås is a municipality in the region of Västmanland in Sweden. The municipality has approximately 156,600 inhabitants and is located in its entirety in the province Västmanland.
The municipality is located in the southern parts of the province Västmanland on the northern shore of Lake Mälaren. Västerås municipality borders the municipalities Hallstahammar and Surahammar in the west and Sala in the north, all in Västmanland län. The municipality also borders Enköping in Uppsala län in the east and has a maritime border with Strängnäs and Eskilstuna in Södermanlands län in the south and to Kungsör in Västmanlands län in the southwest.
The urban area Västerås is the largest with about 128,500 inhabitants and constitutes the municipality's central town.
Other urban areas in the municipality are Barkarö, Dingtuna, Enhagen-Ekbacken, Harkie, Hökåsen, Irsta, Kärsta, Lycksta, Malmen, Munga, Skultuna, Tidö-Lindö, Tillberga, Tortuna och Örtagården and part of Kvicksund.
There are 883 turf zones in the municipality of Västerås, seven of which are counted as winner zones, six water zones, two train station zones, three monument zones, 26 holy zones, 20 bridge zones, three castle zones and 13 ruin zones.
The most taken zone is Aseaströmmen which is located on Stora Torget in central Västerås.
Year in parentheses indicates year of creation.
- FiskeLasse (2013) - Round 31 by fiskeLasse
- mrAcePlace (2020) - Round 115 by mrAce
- Skäggfar (2021) - Round 136 by skäggfar
- Squirrelpark (2015) - Round 54 by squirrel
- SquirrelZone (2013) - Round 41 by squirrel
- StonesZone (2012) - Round 27 by Stone
- SunYourZone (2012) - Round 20 by SunYour
- FramnäsBad (2014)
- HökGropen (2017)
- LögaStrandbad (2014)
- OtterInn (2012)
- SmåttVått (2014)
- Westwater (2011)
Train station zones
- BadChurchZone (2012) - Formerly called BadchurchZone
- BarkChurch (2012)
- BigCross (2015)
- BjörkstaKyrka (2015)
- ByTheLake (2010)
- DaggrosZone (2012)
- DingtunaKyrka (2014) - Formerly called Dingtunakyrka
- DomChurch (2010)
- FoldBedZone (2014)
- Gravklockan (2012)
- Hovdestalund (2014)
- HubboKyrka (2014)
- InteIKyrkan (2015)
- IrstaChurch (2013)
- KärrboKyrka (2016)
- Lillkyrka (2020)
- LundbyChurch (2014)
- NyaRytterne (2015)
- PotChurch (2014)
- Romfartuna (2016)
- SkerikeKyrka (2016)
- SkulChurch (2014)
- SyrianZone (2012)
- Tillberga (2016)
- TomasZone (2012)
- TortunaChurch (2013)
- Bassängbron (2015)
- BearBridge (2012)
- BridgeHamer (2014)
- DuckCreek (2013)
- GroveTrain (2013)
- HamreCreek (2014)
- HarborBridge (2012)
- KoloniZone (2012)
- Länsgränsen (2016)
- NorthTrail (2013)
- Pilotbroa (2014) - Formerly called PilotBroa
- PowerZone (2010)
- Råbybron (2013)
- SkullBridge (2016)
- SkultunaBruk (2016)
- SpeedBump (2012)
- Svartebro (2014)
- Svartåbron (2012)
- SödraVåt (2021)
- WoodyBridge (2012)
- EngsöSlott (2014)
- TidöSlott (2014)
- WestCastle (2013)
- AnundsHeap (2010)
- Dyboborgzone (2014)
- EkebyBorg (2016)
- Grytahögen (2013)
- HubboRunsten (2017)
- Jättegraven (2012)
- LabyrinTomb (2014)
- LillaRytterne (2015)
- Solviksborg (2016)
- SorbySkans (2014)
- StGertruds (2012)
- StoraRytterne (2015)
- Önstensborg (2012)
- AlnusLitore (2014) - Formerly called FungusForest and before that FugusForest
- AnkarZone (2014) - Formerly called Ankarzone
- BjörnöMagasin (2015) - Formerly called Båtallén and was located elsewhere.
- Bonanza2012s (2010) - Formerly called MarinaZone
- BärbyHage (2015) - Formerly called Hustahöjden
- CanUDunk (2013) - Formerly called CanUdunk
- Djurfoder (2012) - Formerly called OldHeat
- Ekberga (2013) - Formerly called EkbergaZone
- Eskadern (2014) - Formerly called Eskaden
- Flotten (2014) - The 500th turf zone in the municipality.
- FyrPåPir (2014) - Formerly called PiriPir and was located elsewhere.
- Gångholmen (2018) - Formerly called Åkerö
- Hagaparkhage (2018) - Formerly called Bankett2018
- HakunaMatata (2017) - Formerly called GeijRune
- HawkRidgeZone (2013) - Formerly called HawkridgeZone
- Hultet (2018) - Formerly called Skogstorpet
- IrstaGäddväg (2015) - Formerly called Irstagäddväg
- JagOchÅn (2019) - The 800th turf zone in the municipality.
- KanikLundby (2015) - Formerly called Skosspåret
- Katrinelunden (2014) - Formerly called KatrineLunden
- Krumeluren (2012) - Formerly called SilverZone
- KustaGård (2016) - Formerly called Ångsjön and was located elsewhere.
- Kyrkbåten (2015) - Named for a while Båtflykting and was located elsewhere.
- Lybeck (2016) - Formerly called HarkieHamn and was located elsewhere.
- LötsGamlaTomt (2018) - Formerly called LötsGamlaBro
- MiddlePark (2011) - The 50th turf zone in the municipality.
- MissPiggyZone (2011) - Formerly called PiggyZone. Named for a while GrisPåRymmen and was located elsewhere.
- Narvazon (2017) - Formerly called NarvaZon
- NorthVillage (2012) - The 100th turf zone in the municipality.
- Orientalen (2017) - Formerly called Lusseturf2017
- RönnbyTop (2013) - Formerly called RonnbyTop
- Skattesmitare (2012) - Formerly called TaxZone and was located elsewhere.
- SlingaISkog (2014) - Formerly called Skogslingan and before that VallbyWoods
- Stålverkszon (2015) - Formerly called Stålverkzon
- Svalgången (2017) - The 750th turf zone in the municipality.
- Sätragrill (2017) - Formerly called EriksSkogborg and before that EriksSkogBorg
- TillbergaPath (2014) - Formerly called Tillbergapath
- TypKlintaIP (2012) - Formerly called KlintaIP
- Vallbybroa (2014) - Formerly called VallbyBroa
- Vikingagraven (2014) - Formerly called IngenGrav and before that Vikingagraven
- ÅkerPåStig (2020) - Formerly called Åkerpåfart
- ÅshagenZone (2013) - Formerly called AshagenZone
- Ödlegraven (2020) - Formerly called MalmaPath
The cathedral seen from the zone DomChurch.
Svartån seen from the zone StonesZone.
The zone FiskeLasse.
The zone SunYourZone.
The zone SilverHill.
The zone CraneBuilder.
View from the zone SquirrelZone.