During a bonanza there are some special rules. First, it replaces the usual zones with brand new zones to new locations to make it new for everyone. The usual zones within the competition area will be temporarily removed as long as the competition is underway. Zones during the event has a completely different scoring than normal zones. At the last bonanza, it was 60 pph and 10 tp. It is a point per minute while maintaining the zone. The zones have also a much shorter block time, 3 minutes, which will apply to all players, regardless of rank. There will not be any bonuses for takeover time but all will have the same fixed value, 30 seconds.
An area on the map will be narrowed down. When the event starts, the existing zones lying within that area will be removed and replaced with brand new Bonanza zones, other zones will still be available to those who want to Turf on as usual. It is only those zones located within the circled area will be counted in the contest. The winner is the one who collects the most points.
These medals is awarded after a bonanza:
|Bonanza Gold||Bonanza Silver||Bonanza Bronze||Bonanza Participator|
- The first bonanza - Stockholm, 21 May 2011
- Winter bonanza 2012 - Sundsvall, 10 March 2012
- Västerås bonanza - Västerås, 1 September 2012
- Uppsala bonanza - Uppsala, 20 April 2013
- Turf Bonanza 2014 - Stockholm, 7 June 2014
- Turf Bonanza 2015 - Stockholm, 6 June 2015
- Turf Bonanza 2016 - Date not set.
Statistics and figures from previous bonanzas and events is available at: http://turfgame.com/events
- DreamHack - Jönköping, 19 June 2011
- CampZone - Holland, August 2011
- FAD2011 - FumbleAfterDark - Göteborg, 5 November 2011
- Umeå event - Umeå, 11 May, 2013 closed event
- GoNorthYard - Växjö, 31 May, 2013 closed event
- Decuria - Stockholm, 12 June, 2013 closed event
- Turf Open Jönköping 2013 - Jönköping, 10 August, 2013 open event
- STHLMClosed 2013 - Stockholm, 12 October, 2013 closed event
- Regionmästerskap Kronoberg - Växjö, 2 November, 2013 closed event
- Turf Event i Kalmar - Kalmar, 17 November, 2013 closed event
- Lusseturf - Västerås, 14 December, 2013 open event
- TrettonTurf - Kalmar, 6 January, 2014 closed event
- Winter Classic Event - Umeå, 22 February, 2014 closed event
- Äggröran - Kalmar, 13 April, 2014 closed event
- Borlänge Turf Open 2014 - Borlänge, 26 April, 2014, open event
- LillenTurf - Ronneby, 2 May, 2014 closed event
- Göteborg Turf Open - Göteborg, 10 May, 2014 open event
- OskarRacet - Oskarshamn, 18 May, 2014 closed event
- Midnight Classic Event - Umeå, 14-15 June, 2014 open event
- Turf BBQ Skåne 2014 - Lund, 25 June 2014 closed event
- Turf Open Jönköping 2014 - Jönköping, 9 August 2014 open event
- Turf Championship Kalmar 2014 - Kalmar, 30 August 2014 open event
- Vinterviken - Stockholm, March 28, 2015 closed event
- Värmlandsturfen - Karlstad, 18 April, 2015 open event
- Luleå Open Turf - Luleå, 9 May, 2015 open event
- Göteborg Turf Open 2015 - Göteborg, 16 May, 2015 open event
- Midnight Classic - Umeå, 13 June, 2015 open event
How does one organize a bonanza?
- Those who are eager to arrange need to meet, discuss and write up a little about how they think and how they want to divide up the work.
- The facilitator of the group contacts firstname.lastname@example.org and tells how they planned the event.
- If the event is accepted, the zones are planned and tested by the organizers before the event.