Installation and quickstart
To begin playing Turf you will first have to download the application for you Android or iOS device. Other operating systems are currently not supported.
The Android application works on Android version 2.0 and above. Older Android versions are not supported and will not run Turf.
The Turf app can be found in Google Play on Android devices. Search 'Turf' and you should find it unless you are in a country where it has not yet been launched.
Turf for iOS devices (iPhone, iPad) requires IOS version 6.0 or later.
Quick start guide
- Install the app following the instructions above and launch it.
- Turf will ask you whether or not you would like to turn on the GPS on the phone. Press 'OK' if you are planning to take a zone otherwise press 'cancel' and take a look around the app.
- If you activated the GPS a green man will appear somewhere on the map on your location determined by the GPS.
- Tap the man in the lower left corner. The map should now center on your position. See if there is any zones nearby.
- In order to take any nearby zones you will have to move physically into their location.
- When you enter the zone a green bar will appear at the left of the screen. You are now taking the zone! In about 45 seconds the bar should have reached the button. Congratulations, you have just taken your first zone! The zone has now turned green indicating that it belongs to you. You have been rewarded with a certain amount of points and you will furthermore receive between 0 and 9 point every hour as long as the zone is still yours.
- You can now continue to the next zone closest to your location. Red zones belong to other players and yellow zones are neutral.
- You might see red men on the map as well as yourself. They represent other turfers playing the game and they can see your location as well.
How to play?
- You take red and yellow zones, you go to them with your phone and stand in one zone for 45 seconds, then you will get points for as long as you own a zone.
- Take a look at the quick guide with screenshots.
You should now have a basic understanding of Turf and how it works. If you would like to you can dig deeper into the game by clicking on the links below.