Turf insider January 2018
Winners and records
After a round resting his legs in Spain he's right back on track as we are used to see him. The bull from Skåne demolishing the contenders and securing another Gold medal. Kiraly took the lead during the first week and kept it to the end. With 1 204 172 points by 5 591 takes he grabs his third gold medal. Next to him we find a new face in Superelak, sounds like a nice guy, with 1 051 361 points by 5 370 takes he reaches his first of the noble medals. Great job in the turfing pit of Umeå. At third place we find the turfer who has taken over Snusmumrikens territory, Stinabus claimed her second bronze medal with 850 643 points by 4 870 takes.
New attr ibute and competition
The attribute Train Station is live and kicking. The week before new years eve an competition was arranged in connection to the release. To participate you had to be a supporter and take one Train Station zone during December 30th. We had 315 contenders and the winners were finnclipper, Vintentina and Knut51. The prizes was first class round-trip tickets with the Swedish train operating company SJ.
Here follows a section with content not seen previously in the newsletter. A interview with some Turfer in true Turf24-spirit. First off is one of the turfers in Holland:
- What is your turfname and why do you use this name? Any special reasons? My turfname is Mamzilla, it is a nickname my sons use for me
- How did you find out about Turf? In a Dutch newspaper Turf was described, test & rated.
- Which are your personal future goals in Turf? I'm saving money to travel to Scandinavia again. Probably next summer. Take unique zones and experience real competition.
- Which medals and achivements are you most proud of? Neutralizer and Revisit. Have you got any Idea how far I had done travel just to take the zones... And then again to revisit. We didn't have that many zones in my hometown back then.
- How is it to be turfing in the Netherlands? Do you feel Turf is growing bigger or not? There is a serious lack of competition. Turf is not growing. During summer Holiday some foreign turfers came to Amsterdam. And thanks that we had some competition. Today Mieke1965 took 1 of my zones in Haarlem. Sometimes Troetje does. B ut that is all the competition I have.
- What kind of development would you like to see from Turf? I keep hoping people in the Netherlands will pick Turf up.
Date, time and place are set! Time to prepare yourself for this years biggest Turf event. The Bonanza in Västerås will have Arosvallen as gathering and starting area. The preliminary event times are 10:30-12:30 for the foot event and 14:00-16:00 for the bike event.
See you in a zone!