|Location||Turku, Lounais-Suomi, Finland|
|MaarianLepo at Turfgame.com|
This zone is placed in the town district of Rantamäki northeast of the Turku city center, at the Saint Marie chapel by the road "Gamla Tammerforsvägen".
St. Mary's chapel
In the middle of the 19th century, when burials under the floor were stopped in the medieval St. Mary's Church. It soon became apparent that the cemetery around the church was too small. The congregation built St. Mary's Cemetery and a burial chapel. The cemetery was inaugurated in 1890 and the burial chapel in 1892.
St. Mary's Chapel is octagonal. In Christian church art, the number eight symbolizes a new beginning, resurrection and rebirth. Death is seen as the beginning of a new, heavenly life.
- Palstat (in the west)
- VidJärnvägen (in the north)
- Kristillinen (in the northeast)
- Räntämäki (in the east)
- StaMarie (in the south)