The lighthouse is painted as the signal flag H (Hotel), as the island has a maritime pilot station.
|Location||Pargas, Lounais-Suomi, Finland|
|UtöLighthouse at Turfgame.com|
The zone is placed on the island of Utö.
The 24-metre-high (79 ft) tower is situated on the island's summit. After the original round lighthouse (Finland's first lighthouse) was destroyed during the Russo-Swedish Wars of 1808-09, the present structure was constructed in 1814, with the present lens installed in 1906.
The lighthouse is painted as the signal flag H (Hotel), as the island has a maritime pilot station. Likewise, the light signal of the lighthouse is four short flashes (....) as Morse code letter 'H'.
The name of the island, Utö, means "outer island" in Swedish. The island has a lighthouse, pilot station, a small guest harbour, a shop and a post office. The island is also known from the marine weather observations that began in 1881. Due to the remoteness of the island, the island has its own local school. In former times, the Finnish Defence Forces kept a small station on the island, but left the island in 2005. The island is also known as the first rescue station of the Estonia disaster in September 1994.